Chapter 4a. Proper Start Up and Shut Down Procedures for Whonix
In order for Whonix to function as intended, there is a specific start up and shut down
procedure that you need to follow in the future. This chapter will explain how to do just that.
For an easy quick reference, here is the procedure:
1. Boot the Whonix Gateway first.
2. Boot the Whonix Workstation second.
3. Shutdown the Whonix Workstation first.
4. Shutdown the Whonix Gateway second.
5. Shutdown Debian last.
Below are the slightly more detailed instruction.
1. When you have booted into Debian from your USB Flash Drive and reach your Dekstop,
click on “Applications → Accessories → VirtualBox” to open the VirtualBox Manager.